The Greater Sugar Land chapter is composed of Sugar Land, Missouri City, Stafford and their surrounding communities.
|Assistant Director||Matt Still||800.626.4222|
- First Wednesdays, starting September 6, 2017: General Meetings, Otto’s Barbecue & Hamburgers in The Fountains Shopping Center, Stafford
- Third Wednesdays, starting September 20, 2017: Board Meetings, La Escondida in Missouri City (location tentative)
- October 21, 2017: Chapter President’s Cup (held out of Sargent)
- February 10, 2018 (tentative): Crab trap pickup in conjunction with Texas Parks & Wildlife (held out of Sargent)
- April 5, 2018: Annual Greater Sugar Land Chapter Banquet
- June 9, 2018 (tentative): Inter Chapter Challenge
- Various dates to be announced: Kids Fish events
For more information about our chapter, follow us on Facebook at “CCA Texas Greater Sugar Land Chapter.”
Currents - Oct/Nov 2017
We hope all of you and your families are safe and sound after Harvey.
We all need something else to think about (I know I do), and I hope our chapter meetings can help. We've got Phil Ortiz lined up for our October 4 meeting and Shane Bonnot, CCA Texas's Advocacy Director, for our November 1 meeting. Phil has designed numerous successful lures over his fishing career and will share his fishing tips gleaned from years of fishing, and for flounder specifically. When Shane agreed to visit, he said he'd talk about recent oyster regulations and developments in the red snapper fishery. That may change after Harvey's onslaught. Whatever the fishing conservation topic, Shane is well versed and one of the most interesting speakers we've had. I hope you all will be able to attend our meetings for a good change of pace!
I was able to confirm with Bryan Treadway that he is good to go for our September meeting, Harvey notwithstanding. Press time for this article was before that meeting, but I'm sure Bryan was as informative and entertaining as he has been in the past. Thank you Bryan!
Our General Meetings are the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm at Otto's Barbecue in The Fountains Shopping Center in Stafford. We have a door prize raffle as bait for the hook. Hope to see you at our meetings! Take care – Robert G. Bailey
President: Robert Bailey Treasurer: Paul Lawson Vice President: Secretary Banquet Chair: Pam Canavan Kid Fish Chair: Judy Kveton The 2017 Greater Sugar Land Chapter Annual Banquet was held on Thursday, April 6 at the Stafford Centre. We had a fantastic turn out. Thank you to all who came out and showed their support!